* Never try and climb a mountain when walking with huskies. Their preferred pace is just a little faster than is comfortable for a not-entirely-fit Londoner.
* Head torches are remarkably good at channeling flies into your mouth at night.
* Trying to find the right turn off from a Motorway that didn’t exist when your roadmap was published is a little tricky.
* People look at you funny when you explain you arrived late due to an old road map. Apparently I am the last person in the world not to have satnav.
* Don’t think that ridge up ahead is the top of the mountain. It won’t be.
* Cheap camping stoves without a windbreak are a bit pointless.
* Supernoodles are best left for students, regardless of how easy they are to carry and cook.
* It always rains in Wales.